PDA

View Full Version : Scott's reusable oil filter

eddiefromcali
06-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Any of you guys ever use this filter? I had one on my 03 660 and loved it. When my tranny blew, I had a shop install new gears and I did an oil change soon after...what I saw inside the filter pissed the living shit out of me. It was FULL of red fibers from shop rags...turns out that they had let the bike sit for a long time with the cases apart and just stuffed it with rags. I did a couple oil changes until the fibers were gone and all was good. Wouldve never found out if it wasnt for that filter. I just got another one for my 04 and plan on using it when I install my head/cam/piston combo...and at $80, it should pay for itself within a couple of rides :D

Shaggy
06-11-2010, 06:19 PM
What do you clean it with?

jschrock
06-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Do they make them for the 700?

eddiefromcali
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
What do you clean it with?

its pretty easy...I use carb cleaner or brake cleaner...this is from scottsperformance.com

Cleanable and reusable:
Simply remove the filter, rinse in clean solvent and replace it, you're done. The filter can be cleaned with solvent, kerosene, aerosol carburetor cleaner, or any other degreasing agent, even common dish soap. You can even blow air through the filter from the inside out to remove any small particles or cleaning agent from the screen if you so desire.

Do they make them for the 700?

I think they do...all the way at the bottom

http://www.scottsperformance.com/products.php?PartType=3&Bike=Yamaha

jschrock
06-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Sweet! not too bad of a price!

eddiefromcali
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
probably cheaper because u dont need the aluminum canister? just drop in the filter element inside ur oe can :( 660s need the canister as well...fml :(

nosbusa
12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
i dont know about those reusable filters.... probably not a good idea......

hunt
02-03-2016, 01:56 PM
I was looking for this information!