Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts

Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts (http://www.allohv.com/index.php)
-   Polaris (http://www.allohv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Ak Sno's Sleds! (http://www.allohv.com/showthread.php?t=18836)

AK SNO RIDER 01-13-2013 04:45 PM

I'm just gonna let the dealer handle it. Probably what I should have done after breaking the first 3 bits...

SBA800 01-13-2013 06:11 PM

lmao. sounds like you had fun.

id let the dealer take car of it now

AK SNO RIDER 01-14-2013 07:13 PM

My awesome Polaris dealer had it done in less than an hour and didn't charge me for it. Stripped bolt out, and installed the new helix for me.

They said it wasn't the first time that's happened. They have even broken Snap-On brand Torx bits that were made for an impact gun. The owner once ground down all four corners (where the bolts are) on a helix because he couldn't get the bolts out.

nosbusa 01-14-2013 09:40 PM

so when they put them back in, they made sure to tighen them extra good right?

AK SNO RIDER 01-14-2013 11:05 PM

Hell I dunno, but I trust them to do it right. Already installed the clutch back on the sled. now if only we had snow....instead of this stupid rain. It rained in the mountains even, so the PERFECT snow that was up there is gone now, before I ever got a chance to hit it up. :(

SBA800 01-16-2013 09:07 PM

lots of snow here finally, cept its all hard as a rock, so no powder for your rmk

AK SNO RIDER 01-17-2013 12:07 AM

Ended up with about 4 inches today. I'm trying to get people together for a Lost lake trip this weekend. So far I have one yes and one maybe...so...we'll see...

nosbusa 01-17-2013 02:20 AM

dont get lost.....

AK SNO RIDER 01-17-2013 02:35 AM

Oh I know right? That place really is the middle of freakin nowhere. Anyway, I'm going to Carter Lake instead. I've never been there and only vaguely know where its at, but I'm going with people who do. Up in the mountains somewhere, thats all i know.... Should have a group of 5 or so people. Gonna be fun. Hope the new sled doesn't give me any problems, I am slightly worried about it.

nosbusa 01-17-2013 02:39 AM

when i was in ak, we were about 25 miles north of delta junction, one of our idiots kids at the school got lost in the woods. took 4 hours to find the moron

AK SNO RIDER 01-17-2013 02:44 AM

Dang dude, that would be scary. Some guy just got lost up in the hills while riding a few days ago, he ran out of gas and tried to walk out. Was out overnight and very hypothermic when he was finally found.

nosbusa 01-17-2013 03:11 AM

its very easy to get lost if you arent careful thats for sure. but it also helps to have a brain too........

AK SNO RIDER 01-17-2013 03:25 AM

Luckily I've got a crazy good sense of direction, carry a GPS and a SPOT emergency locator. Only thing I don't have is an avalanche beacon, which I REALLY need to get...

nosbusa 01-17-2013 11:52 AM

i figured those were built in to the emergency beacons now?

AK SNO RIDER 01-17-2013 03:46 PM

Maybe some, but not the SPOT. A SPOT is a gps device that can send out a ping every 10 minutes showing your location. It can also send out predetermined messages to selected emails or phones, but it's main uses are the HELP function, which sends a message to selected emails or phones saying you are in need of assistance, and most important, the SOS function which alerts emergency response crews of your location and that you need help NOW.