Thread: Ak Sno's Sleds!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #58

AK SNO RIDER
Full Access Member

I'm thinking it's time for an update. Gotta stir up posting activity somehow.

Over the course of the summer I stripped the sled completely down to pretty much nothing and had all of the bare aluminum powdercoated. A friend of mine did the same thing. I had two stripped down 2013 sleds in my shop for over 2 months. Both sleds turned out excellent. Not that there is anyone else from Soldotna on this forum (yet?) but Peninsula Powdercoating did an fantastic job.

Aside from the powdercoating, I did a few others things. Put some MOFLOW vents in the nose, did a headlight delete with a vent from Mountain Fit Hoods, and put a Rigid SR 6" light bar on the handlebars. Went with the driving beam, the extra $60 over the combo beam is worth it. You get 9 LEDs rather than 6, more output, and a much better spread. Also installed a tether for safety. Smoked the taillight just for kicks. Installed a no-tools-required hood kit from Most Wanted Performance as well. It replaces the bolts up top with two studs w/ clips and a pair of snaps in place of the push pins on the sides.

I sent all four shocks to HOLZ to get their special treatment. Adjustable clicker Reservoirs added to both ski shocks, custom valving in ski and forward track shocks, and ended up replacing the entire rear track shock with the Walker Evans clicker from an Assault (purchased through HOLZ as well) Turn around time by HOLZ was excellent. Put Raptor Triple Rate Springs all around as well.

I think that's everything but I might be forgetting something. I still plan to get an A2D clutch kit and a tunnel bag before the snow flies, and I'll probably pick up a set of console vents as well.

Anyway, I rolled the sled and bike out of the garage a few days ago and took some pics just for shits and giggles. As always, pics of anything in particular are available if someone wants more info on something.

Last edited by AK SNO RIDER; 10-18-2013 at 05:18 AM.
AK SNO RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote