Thread: Ttr225
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Humvee21
Full Access Member

Default Ttr225
Got a 2000 TTR225 that's been giving me a ton of problems. Few years ago, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Now, it's running like crap. It runs better every time I take it into get a carb clean, but I've been getting carb cleanings as often as I take a piss. It's costing way too much, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove my carb. Usually it wouldn't start, but once it had the carb cleaned it was fine.

Now, it'll start up with the choke out but I can't ride it until I let it warm it up after a long time probably 10 mins at the least. For the first 5 minutes, it'll begin to cut off when I give it gas. After the first 5 minutes, I can ride it but the ride is jerky as hell. I can hold the throttle at constantly, but the power will surge whenever the hell it wants.

I'll try to get a vid of it up this weekend... but any ideas as to what's causing this? I'm going to drain the tank and carb this weekend and fill it with SeaFoam then let it sit for a night. Drain it all out and put the gas in. Think it'll help?

Thanks in advanced guys.
Humvee21 is offline   Reply With Quote