Go Back   Off Highway Vehicle Forum - ATVs | Dirt Bikes | Snowmobiles | Watercrafts > All Off Highway Vehicle Forum > Introduction
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Introduction New to AllOHV? Stop in and introduce yourself here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #15

NickPic83
Full Access Member

i think i am doing a full SW exhaust setup on the raptor. LT headers to the lightning exit exhaust. trying to decide if i want to do the black out thermal coating or not. not sure how much u know about this but lets see what u think.

when i go for inspection i will need to return to stock to pass. so now the front o2's need to heat up in a certian amount of time. if they dont reach the right temp fast enough it could throw a code. now this hasnt happened to a few guys i spoke to with uncoated headers. if i coat them will this possibly not let the sensor heat up as fast or as much. i dont know if the sensor gets the heat from the metal pipes themselves or staight for the air or both. the coating could help or hurt the issue with the o2's but i am not sure which way....

from SW FAQ
"The front o2 sensors are meant to reach a certain temperature reading in a certain amount of time. If it doesn't reach that temperature, then it will throw a code. The o2 sensor bung is located in the collector of the long tube header. This usually means the location is pushed farther away than where the o2 bung is from the factory. From the extra flow of the long tube, and the new location of the o2 bung, it does not heat up as fast or as much as factory manifolds/lead pipes. This code will definitely require a custom tune to help change the reading from the computer."
next on the list will be the rear suspension

then a front bumper probably

in RZR news my buddy is buying house down the street from me and its on about 3 acres. he is building a big offroad track there. so ill be over there with my case 480 helping and making it atleast big enough for the rzr and maybe a jump or to for the truck lol.

2011 RZR S-LE Orange Madness-3500lb winch, UTV inc doors, XP flares, roof, 55w HID's,dual exhaust, fuel controller, intake, grumpy rider mod, 2" lift, dual rate springs, DFR harnesses, EMP half windshield ,LED reverse/work light, interior lights, LED fogs
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote